Re: FW: problem setting up affinity mask for irq intrupt

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 01:34, Raoufehsadat Hashemian Harandi
<rhashem@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, please don't do top posting :)

> This(http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.36/Documentation/ia64/IRQ-redir.txt)
> should be the next step after finding the solution for the first problem
> (that is just using core0) !!! :D

I don't exactly understand your statement above. Could you please elaborate?

> I found something which is quite related
> (http://www.alexonlinux.com/smp-affinity-and-proper-interrupt-handling-in-li
> nux ) this article says that it may not be possible to change irq mask in
> the systems with CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU enabled!

Hmmmmm well, if that so...then....to disable it, based on the related
help message:
Symbol: HOTPLUG_CPU [=y]
  â Type  : boolean
  â Prompt: Support for hot-pluggable CPUs
  â   Defined at arch/x86/Kconfig:1632
  â   Depends on: SMP [=y] && HOTPLUG [=y]
  â   Location:
  â     -> Processor type and features
  â   Selected by: PM_SLEEP_SMP [=y] && SMP [=y] &&
(ARCH_SUSPEND_POSSIBLE [=y] || ARCH_HIBERNATION_POSSIBLE [=y]) &&
PM_SLEEP [=y]

so, you have to find those 5 kernel config first and one of them must
be made as either "m" (module) or "n" (not compiled at all). Your
call...

> Now I have 3 problems:
>
> 1) I cannot find out the relationship between CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU and irq
> affinity.

/me too.....IMHO NUMA factor is more logical to have influence

> 2) I only have problem with eth0 and eth1 ( for example for the timer
> interrupt I can change the mask and it is effective! Although it only uses
> the first enabled core in the mask, which is related to IA64 feature)

maybe they are hooked internally (somewhere somehow, either in the
driver or APIC) to certain CPU core?

> 3) I don`t know how to disable CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU !

Please kindly see above....

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa