[OOT - Might be offensive] Re: Re: guidelines, faqs and dos and don'ts document

Hi..

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 18:41, Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar
<chambilkethakur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> While this list has been easy going and fun for most of the time. For last
> couple of months, I am observing the repetition  of  basic questions, a lot
> of argument and redirections and going off-topic and thread hijacking. So
> there is a need of some sort of dos and do-nots . These guidelines are bit
> long, so that it can include some description of topics, I guess most
> newbies make mistake because they don't understand it in the first place. It
> may give the newbie a bit of hint that list is serious one, which is fine I
> guess. Taking the list for granted and treating it like personal question
> answer session is not exactly the purpose of this list.

Perhaps a little bit sharing from me could help to clear up what this
list means:

Once I started as complete noob, or should I say...how do I say it in
American slang...bozo? I focus on scheduler.... and I still remember I
fight with the very basic concept "how context switch between process
happens?"

Reading ULK 2nd and 3rd edition (yeah, they're old but stil hold true
in some aspects) here and there. Then, it comes to mind, "how process
address space switching happen". Still, jumping into another chapter
of ULK. Then again.."oh shit, I realize I don't know what address
space is....ok....where should I go?...uhum...memory management". And
the hell cycle didn't stop there.

So, I went back and forth...almost like crazy. I remember my first
help to this list is: explaining what process address space. And
magically, it helps me understand what process address space is!

Essentially, I am not sure about the rest of people here, but I find
helping others also help ourselves (I don't mean to bring any religion
karma thingy here). And more, in this list, everybody (IMO)
voluntarily teach each other. There's no such thing like "super gurus
here and the rest are like apprentices in Donald Trump's reality
show".

And, to whoever in this list who repeatedly say "how am I supposed to
know because I am a newbie".... just remember this, knowledge comes
with sacrifice. That what's knowledge stick, not just in your mind,
but in your spirit and soul. And if that makes you sick, you better
leave computer science world before you end up in mental house. Why
don't you also complain why is it hard to get a job? because human
population is increasing like crazy?

And I dare to bet, those kind who just asks too much, usually just
leave the forum when he/she felt got enough.

PS: To me, "is it wrong to ask?" is almost the same like "is it wrong
for us to ignore you?". Moral is, wanna get answer, treat people like
you wanna be treated.

NB: Am I against people who wanna ask when he/she meets trouble? No.
But if he/she asked like he/she wanna be treated like somekind of
messenger of God, please.... help yourself.

--

regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant