Re: hi

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Viral Mehta <Viral.Mehta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Carlo Caione <carlo.caione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I guess as soon as someone subscribes to mailing list, s/he should be sent with some guidelines, which can >prevent this from happening.
>good idea would be  if we can make a list of such dos and do-nots.

I am am member of this community for long enough to know this already. btw, i sent that very same link previously to some new user asking very generic question about probe.
but my point is to send this to anyone who joins it.
Besides these FAQs are old and not updated. And there is nothing specific to what this mailing list should actually address.
This community is generally more accommodative than most mailing list, but sometime question are not even well thought or searched.

mail subject likes  like

"help"
"probe"
"hi"
"just testing"

are utter waste, this mailing list generate enough traffic NOW that such topics are annoying.

Most new users never dig archives, so a lot of question are asked over and over again.