Re: is this link valid

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Denis Kirjanov <kirjanov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There are many good examples in drivers/net.
> drivers/net/pci-skeleton.c for example. I think that it is a not big
> problem to compare the text from the link with the current state of
> the device drivers.
How will a newbie come to know what is the example file one needs to see
and what to validate.
Also looking at the exact code would not take me any where.
Any how I understood your point.

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Rajat Sharma <fs.rajat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tapas,
> Please look into the Linux kernel source, it also has Realtech driver in
> kernel but perhaps supporting newer chips from realtech.
> http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.36/drivers/net/r8169.c
> I think you can go through the link you are trying to validate, being a
> careful reader, and keep referring to above file for any corresponding
> changes in API described on that link.
> Rajat
That link I mention has given things in a simple way so once I
understand basic skeleton I would be able to understand.Having said
that I will also say that I had looked at drivers/net/8139too.c
also.Since I am new I asked.( I am also reading 17th chapter of LDD3
but it is difficult to understand)