Re: how does kernel detects presence of a particular device

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 09:46, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As far as I understand once the probe function(Not too sure) detects
> or kernel detects then the driver would be looked up
> and control would be handed over to driver.

IIRC, it is the bus (or should we say, the motherboard...or chipset)
that send somekind of signal (of announcement). Driver picks it up
since the probe function had been registered before in that bus line
(or irq line).

Since then, driver takes over whenever there are data sent or received...

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant