Re: Official Linux site for Bug Listing & providing patches

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Linux "Kernel" Explorer
<mylinuxlab@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wanted to check if https://bugzilla.kernel.org/ this is the site that
> is used to listing / reporting of linux bugs & providing patches.
>

> Regards,
>
> Linux "Kernel" Explorer

That's where ext4 and libata officially keep their bugzilla entries.

But my experience is most quick turnaround bugs and almost all patch
submissions not triggered by a bugzilla entry are posted straight to
one of the numerous lkml lists.  Look in the maintainers file for
which list to use for the subsystem / driver you're working with.

My advice would be to post an email first.  If you don't see forward
progress and think your email has been lost in the clutter of the
list, then post a bugzilla.

Greg