Re: Asking for process management exercise suggestions

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Gustavo Silva <silvagustavosilva@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I want to get familiar with the task_struct and the thread_info so the
idea is to iterate over the task list in order to get the parents of
any process.

Any of you could suggest me some nice exercises to help me understand
as much as possible of process management at the kernel-space level?

I take following example when I take kernel internal course. Might be useful here.

1. Create a program in which parent process forks few children and put sleep in child processes.
2. Configure the kdump so that we can generate the crash.
3. While running the program generate the the crash using sysrq and capture it.
4. Analyse the dump using crash tool for Parent-children, Sibling relation.
Ârefer page 90-91 of UTLK

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Neependra