Re: USB driver (hello usb driver)

On 25 October 2010 20:57, Bond <jamesbond.2k.g@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, look at the hid driver blacklist.
>
>> so that it checks my driver and if it doesn't find it, then pass it to
>> the usbhid?
>
> If your driver is loaded first, yes, you can do that.
>
> You can unbind the device from the hid driver by hand through sysfs and
> then load your driver for testing.

Okay, i found my device in /dev/bus/usb/devices/usb6/6-1. When I nano
idVendor, i see the correct vendor, and when i nano idProduct, i see
the correct product. So it's definately there, but I think the problem
is that usbhid is catching it before my module does. how would i
unload the device and test like you stated?