Re: Learning hardware ...

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Abu Rasheda <rcpilot2010@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Get some related documentation and start reading
>
> I am ready to spend time and money. Any suggestions what can I read ? At this point I am looking for something which will lay foundation in general for a software guy, who needs to understand hardware in order to write efficient code, etc.
>
> You can assume minimal knowledge. I can skip what I already know.

Sorry but did you check the book that i suggested ? It shows all the
things that an Embedded engineer should know . Or do you want to know
H/W from a computer ? I recommend you the first option because it is
my major field of kernel development and you can buy hardware and make
much more contributions to this field you can buy free hardware like
hawk board, beagle board or the latest panda board which is a really
powerful dual core processor. All these technologies are ready for
Linux and you can practice better hardware like create an i2c network
or SPI to another module , or maybe something much more difficult
create a PCI port with a FPGA and and ARM. Imagine more. But if you
want to know hardware for PC honestly i do not have to much
information

Hope it helps

Victor Rodriguez