Re: /proc/meminfo - Diagram

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010, Sengottuvelan S wrote:

> Hi I would like to understand /proc/meminfo in detail. I have little
> knowledge about meminfo & free will give us better idea about memory
> utilization. But i am not aware of whole architecture that how
> memory organized in kernel.   Is there any diagram which explains
> more information about memory in linux?

  when in doubt, check out the source.  many of the source files for
/proc files can be found in the kernel source tree, under fs/proc. in
fact, there exists the source file fs/proc/meminfo.c.  that would seem
the best place to learn how the output from /proc/meminfo is
generated.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca