Re: Submitting a USB device driver to 2.6 kernel

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:50 PM, Tek Xtc <tekxtc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have developed a USB driver and tested it with my USB devices.
>
> I want to submit the file to the kernel source. How do I do this?
You need to send a patch to proper mailing list. You can use
scripts/get_maintainer.pl
to get proper mailing list where to send. You can read how to do it in
your kernel -> Documentation/SubmittingDrivers and
Documentation/SubmittingPatches.

If not sure about procedure you can post your driver fist to staging
tree and after review and cleanup it will
be taken to main kernel.

> --

good luck,

marek