Re: SPI CS, wait for IRQ, proceed sequence

Hi Sergii,

On 10/1/10, Sergii Kovalchuk <sentinelofsetch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Probably, I should ask my quesiton on some SPI dedicated mailing lists,
> however, the borders of "newbiness" are hard to estimate.
>
> As I can see, most SPI controller drivers currently attempting to control CS
> (SS) line by themselves, usually enabling it just before spi_message
> processing and disabling after it. Therefore, all transfers within a message
> are going as one atomic transaction.
>
> However, what should I do, if device requires CS to be triggered to active
> state and remained active until device will trigger IRQ, indicating that it
> awoke and ready for transaction?
>
> I presume, that I need some kind of manual CS control. How does it fit into
> general SPI subsystem paradigm and how I can implement it?

Some processors let you to control its CS line manually.

Take a look on this:
arch/arm/plat-mxc/include/mach/spi.h
arch/arm/mach-mx3/mach-mx31lilly.c

Also you can define a delay time before and/or after the chip select
activation, even on processors with automatic chip select.

Best Regards,

Alan