Re: how to compute frequency of tsc counter

Hi!

On 01:28 Mon 27 Sep     , MK wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am getting tsc timestamps from some 3rd party code. I need to
> convert it into elapsed time. So if get two timestamps, I want to know
> how much time in seconds has elapsed between the two. So I need to
> first compute the frequency at which the tsc gets incremented.

The frequency is the CPU clockrate. However, the clockrate may change due to
frequency scaling and the counter is often not synchronized on multi-core/cpu
systems, so use with care.

	-Michi
--
programing a layer 3+4 network protocol for mesh networks
see http://michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com