patch/changes specific to big write requests in fuse

Hi!

I am working on data backup/recovery. I found that Latest version of Fuse(2.8) Support big write requests on kernels 2.6.26 and newer.
I am having older kernels( 2.6.18 and 2.6.25) and I want my kernels also support big write requests.
Is there any patch which have the changes in kernel, specifically to add support for big write requests.
I do not mind on which kernel version it should be applied, I just want to see what changes need to be done.
So that I can prepare patch for my kernel version.
My intension is to apply these changes to my existing kernels so I can use the big write feature with existing kernels.
I am sorry If my question is not clear.

thanks
praveen