Re: Regarding installing Linux kernel for first time

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Rags Linux <linux.rags@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am installing linux from kernel.org for first time. Here are my questions:
>
> * Is it possible to install linux on my PC without having Linux? (I have
> only windows)

Yes. You can. But not source tarball you got from kernel.org. You
better download a stardard distribution like ubuntu
(http://www.ubuntu.com/) or Fedora (http://fedoraproject.org/). They
come with a proper installer. Once you have a working linux machine
then you can download linux kernel source from kernel.org, compile it
and install it ....