Integrating kconfig/kbuild into existing code

Hi,

This question perhaps borders on the topics of this list but I will ask it anyway as it relates closely to the Linux kernel. I would like to basically integrate the kconfig/kbuild code into an existing project (an operating system kernel in fact, so it isn't an unusual case) but am unable to locate any information regarding this.

Could members of this list perhaps point me in the right direction? The files in Documentation/kbuild/* outline the actual usage of kbuild and kconfig parts but not the implementation level details. Pointers on which files I should be looking at or information on the implementation details of kbuild/kconfig would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Manohar Vanga