(now about gdb-ing kernel) Re: Re: some questions about dma api

Hi..

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 00:53, loody <miloody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Why I use kgdb for debugging, I cannot p/x para1, the content of para1
> cannot be seem from gdb console.
> But some global variable can be seen by gdb.
> I google this proble and it say I need to make sure some "frame
> options" should be included while compiling the  kernel.
> I follow the instructions but I still cannot see the value of the parameter.
> did I miss something or is it originally impossible to see the value in kernel.

The problem is, are you sure this is a variable? or just a constant?
or just "alias" (grr, probably not the right name...it's the one you
use in DEFINE).

When you're sure it's indeed variable AND not considered dead variable
during gcc optimization (I might be wrong here, so don't take it for
granted), the symbol should exist in the kernel image.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant