Re: use of basic C syntax with kernel

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 6:36 AM, Bond <jamesbond.2k.g@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar
> <chambilkethakur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Suggestion: read more before you ask all this, i think even googling
>> around will answer some of these queries.
>
> I understand but asking more knowledgeable people always work better than
> search.This is what the community is for.
> So I ask.

Let me put into perspective asking these questions is like going to a
mailing list on creating race car engines(does one even exist?do not
care) and asking how to use a screwdriver.

The community aspect of Linux and open source is great, but you have
to try and ask questions that are of interest to the list.  99% of the
people on this list know these questions and anyone who has read a
basic book on c or the Linux kernel know these answers.  Please try to
at least spend a few hours solving a problem on your own. I assure you
that you will learn much more that way and the questions you do ask
will be ones more people benefit from.

Thanks,
John