Re: Documentation bug missing make image

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:02 PM, Mulyadi Santosa
<mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 21:46, Victor Rodriguez <vm.rod25@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hey in the Linux Kernel Tester's Guide says that
>>
>> Some distributions allow you to install a newly compiled kernel by running
>> # make install
>>
>> as root from within the directory that contains the kernel sources.
>> Usually, however, you
>
> .................. <snip>
>
> Which problem actually? the "make install not really work"?
>
> If that's your point, here's my understanding (since I almost never
> use it anyway):
> make install does things almost entirely automatic, like copying
> bzImage and so on. However, it might not really suite your distro
> condition and requirement.
>
> Thus, the only way to make sure it works like it means to be, is by
> doing everything by your own. Not so difficult actually.
>
> --
> regards,
>
> Mulyadi Santosa
> Freelance Linux trainer and consultant
>
> blog: the-hydra.blogspot.com
> training: mulyaditraining.blogspot.com

Yes I know now,  but i tried to put more clear for the new kernel
users, just like me that  begins with this FAQ, keep in mind that is
the first FAQ that a new hacker will check, i just wanna ask if could
be possible to rewrite that help much more clear but its just a
suggestion.