Re: SCTP Bundling Timeout value in linux

Hi,

Although I was aware that someone did reply your message:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/newbies/msg39728.html

But I think it could be wrong.   From here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t8/feature/guide/ft_sctp2.html

Read till you came across the following line (which quote):

"The cumulative SACK (cumsack) timeout specifies the maximum time that
a SACK is delayed while waiting to bundle with data chunks."

Logically speaking, so long as u wait and bundle the bytes together,
you have to wait, and there should be a timeout period.

But under linux_kernel_source/net/sctp directory there are quite a few timeout:

typedef enum {
        SCTP_EVENT_TIMEOUT_NONE = 0,
        SCTP_EVENT_TIMEOUT_T1_COOKIE,
        SCTP_EVENT_TIMEOUT_T1_INIT,
        SCTP_EVENT_TIMEOUT_T2_SHUTDOWN,
        SCTP_EVENT_TIMEOUT_T3_RTX,
        SCTP_EVENT_TIMEOUT_T4_RTO,
        SCTP_EVENT_TIMEOUT_T5_SHUTDOWN_GUARD,
        SCTP_EVENT_TIMEOUT_HEARTBEAT,
        SCTP_EVENT_TIMEOUT_SACK,
        SCTP_EVENT_TIMEOUT_AUTOCLOSE,
} sctp_event_timeout_t;

#define SCTP_EVENT_TIMEOUT_MAX          SCTP_EVENT_Txxxxxxx

and for TIMEOUT_SACK, it is (include/net/sctp/constants.h):

/* Delayed sack timer - 200ms */
#define SCTP_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT_SACK       (200)

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Kiran P <kiran.kiranp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> Could someone please tell me what is the SCTP bundling timeout value
> used in linux kernel?
>
> --
> Kiran
>
> --