Re: the kernelnewbies wiki.

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Mulyadi Santosa
<mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 03:44, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> that seems a little formal.  More of a "KernelNewbies-wiki team".
>>
>> For openSUSE, they just asked for volunteers to join the opensuse-wiki
>> team.  Team members are expected to learn the ways of wiki editing in
>> general, but more importantly to master how the opensuse wiki is
>> structured and how the templates are handled.
>
> Got it....
>
> OK, perhaps now it's the time for every one of us to consider whether
> to create and join this "wiki supervisor" team or not. Voluntarily
> please.....
>
> For myself.... I think i'll start with creating account in wiki first....
>
> --
> regards,
>
> Mulyadi Santosa
> Freelance Linux trainer and consultant
>
> blog: the-hydra.blogspot.com
> training: mulyaditraining.blogspot.com

browsing from the link Greg posted, I saw this:

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-wiki/2010-07/msg00007.html

which contained this (which I find agrees thematically with what I said/meant)

Ad 1) Agree. Problem is that only few people are clear with a concept. They
seems to have to write FAQ and help article for the wiki, check what new
contributors are trying to do, direct them to help articles, correct pages
that are not in line with guidelines and general usability, create new pages
that are missing, develop concepts, procedures and think how they should be
applied, report annoyances (bugs) in the layout, and what not. IMO, for me it
is too much for a part time volunteer.

Making screencast is a good idea.
Taking time limitations, simplifying rules and interactively develop
procedures and templates with people that will actually use them is better. We
got that chance few times and each time we came up with set of rules that
other have to apply without asking questions. My experience is that dialog is
the only way to go. We can't think of all stuff in advance, so having dialog
helps contributors and us at the same time.

Unfortunately, I didnt find a subscribe link..

perhaps, while we lurk there for good ideas, we can discuss here,
either in this thread, or in separate ones tagged with [newwiki] in the subject.

I suppose I should look at the current wiki for its organization...