Documentation bug missing menu.lst

HI I am new in the list and this is my first coment, i have already clone the mainline and follw the steps sugested in kernelnewbies in order compile the kenel (http://kernelnewbies.org/FAQ/KernelCompilation) I was working in ubuntu 10.04  i followed all the instruction in this way

$make menuconfig
$make
#make modules_install
#make install

but then they put really explicit

If you're using Ubuntu, you will need to edit menu.lst instead of grub.conf

I look for in ubuntu documentation for this file and ubuntu establish in the LucidLynx/ReleaseNotes (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx/ReleaseNotes) that the file most be opened by this way

Open /boot/grub/menu.lst with a text editor (e.g., sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst).

And then save the file, and run sudo update-grub from the commandline.

I have run in file system

$sudo find -name menu.lst and nothing appear

any way i skip the part of open the menu.lst file and just did the sudo update-grub and for me it works the image of the new kernel is available after reboot the machine i cehck the kernel version with

$ uname -a and this appear

Linux victor-desktop 2.6.35-rc6+ #1 SMP Tue Jul 27 16:40:26 CDT 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

I don't know if this is a bug in the new kernel release but at least in the abailable documentation it is

Any commentary will be appreciated

Thanks

Victor Rodriguez