Re: Kernel Source code/Driver coding IDE ?? Suggest

1. I think the best tool to browse and reference kernel source is LXR http://lxr.linux.no/ You can deploy LXR locally as well: http://darwish-07.blogspot.com/2008/02/howto-lxrng-on-ubuntu-710.html

2. The "best" IDE choice really depends on your desktop of choice. Anjuta is great for GNOME/GTK development and KDevelop is great for KDE/QT development. You can browse LXR within KDevelop, which is nice. Though, if you're only doing kernel or driver development Anjuta and KDevelop may be a bit overkill, you can't use a lot the features anyway. So I'd suggest checking out gVIM or Kate.