Difference between major page fault and minor page fault

Hi,

Can anyone explain the difference between major and minor page faults.

As far as I know, major page fault follows a disk access to retrieve the data. Minor page fault occurs mainly for COW pages. Is there any other instances other than COW, where there will be a minor page fault. Which kernel function handles the major page fault ?.

Also, can anyone please confirm that in 2.6 kernels, page cache and buffer cache are normalized ?. Now we have only one cache, which includes both buffer cache and page cache.

Regards,
Shameem