Re: modprobe error "No such device" udc driver

Hello Thomas,

> First of all, I have to admit that I did not use USB
> gadgets before.
> Did you read the information at http://www.linux-usb.org/gadget/ ?
> You may also get more relevant information from the
> linux-usb-devel
> mailing list.
>
> That being said, I am confused about your setup. You have a
> Host PC,
> an evaluation board, and a module connected to the
> evaluation board.
> Which of these is the gadget?
> * The evaluation board + module as a whole, connected to
> the host pc
> * or is the module the gadget, and is the evaluation board
> the 'host'. ?
>
> In the latter case, the actual host pc does not come into
> the picture.

The gadget is the evaluation board with the module together. It's
something like a main board and processor together.

> Anyway, not being familiar to the USB code itself, I can
> only suggest
> to continue to go through the code and find out why the
> device is not
> being added to the list. Don't be afraid of going through
> 'common'
> code: it may help your understanding of what is actually
> going wrong.
>
> Did you verify the connection of the expansion module to
> the
> evaluation board. Is it correctly powered and initialized?

Yes. The evaluation board was first delivered with WindowsCE. With this,
the USB connection worked fine. But with the Linux kernel, it just doesn't
want to work.

I also read http://www.linux-usb.org/gadget, but the information did not
help.
Thank you anyway for thinking about it with me together.

Best regards.