Re: modprobe error "No such device" udc driver

See the path code, here....

 static int __init udc_init(void)
 {
-	if (!cpu_is_pxa27x())
+	if (!cpu_is_pxa27x() && !cpu_is_pxa3xx())
 		return -ENODEV;

 	printk(KERN_INFO "%s: version %s\n", driver_name, DRIVER_VERSION);
--

and also u should refer to the code :
170 #ifdef CONFIG_CPU_PXA320

So i just guess u forget change your configuration about  CONFIG_CPU_PXA320.
hope this will give u some help.

2009/11/5 Katharina Ludwig <katharina.ludwig@xxxxxxxx>:
> Hello,
>
> please give me some help on usb gadget drivers in embedded Linux.
>
> I compiled the usb device controller driver (/drivers/usb/gadget/pxa27x_udc.c) as a module and tried to load it with the command modprobe pxa27x_udc
> This gives the error "No such device".
>
> Is that a mistake in the kernel source code? Or can the module only be loaded, if the USB cable is connected to a host, which has the appropriate driver for the embedded device? Or ... ??
> What can I do to make it work?
>
> Here are more informations, that might be of interest:
>
> - The Kernel is installed on this hardware:
>    - evaluation board: http://www.keith-koep.com/produkte/baseboard/con-xs.html
>    - with module: http://www.keith-koep.com/produkte/xscale-arm-embedded/trizeps5-pxa320.html
>    --> It has a PXA320 chip.
>
> - Kernel version is 2.6.28.7, but slightly modified with patches. Amongst other changes, the patch from http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/16832 was applied. It should make the file /drivers/usb/gadget/pxa27x_udc.c fit for PXA320. On that website, they say, the patch is for another board (Nomad platform), but this has the PXA320 chip too, so it should work, shouldn't it? Do I have to consider other things, to make the driver fit to my board??
>
> - I cross-compiled the kernel and the modules on a normal PC and copied the files onto the evaluation board.
>
> - On the Board, where I want to load the module, exist no /etc/modules path or /etc/modules.conf file or anything like that...
>
> - The command lsmod on the board, gives the following:
>
> msdos 7616 0 - Live 0xbf01a000
> vfat 10432 0 - Live 0xbf012000
> fat 50012 2 msdos,vfat, Live 0xbf000000
>
> - I also know, which function returns the error "No such device" (-ENODEV), but I think, that the mistake will be somewhere else...
>
> Now I hope, that you can give me some help with that. Maybe someone knows, where I should ask this question better?
>
> Best regards.

> --

Best Regards
Lin