Re: Virtual Memory Doubt

Hi Mulyadi, I will just add a few more questions, don't mind me poking
in a bit.. :)

> I think it's not the virtual address that is created, but the Virtual
> Memory Area. Then, addresses are assigned to this VMA. Whether the VMA
> contains page frame or not, that's another case.

Do you mean VMA of another process exists at the same location? Also
as I understand it - each process has its own virtual memory sandbox,
and that the addresses of kernel and userspace can't overlap, but of 2
different userspace processes can, is this correct?

> For file backed mapping, especially code segment and library, kernel
> will get a clue from the dynamic loader. If you analyze a binary,
> let's say /bin/cat using readelf -S, you'll see that ELF denotes where
> those parts of code need to be loaded and mapped in virtual memory

Any idea why this hinting would be required?
How does it matter where the code of the elf is loaded?

Thanks,
-Joel