RE: how to support long file name in vfat format under linux

Hi,

> The problem comes from my trying to write a autoscrpit to mound usb
> device under my embedded system.

I guess hotplug agents are what you are looking for. I had used them
long back and I think they are still available. The basic concept is
that every time anew device is added in the system "agent" scripts in
/etc/hotplug/ are called with arguments and environment variables
specific to the kind of device added / removed. For instance device ID,
vendor ID etc.

So you can add your own agen script that shall be called when YOUR
specific device is added. Please note that either you can "hardcode" FS
type for your disk partitions, or you can do shell programming (using
fdisk etc) to determine the FS type from the disk.

See hotplug documentation or the following (may help):

http://www.disaggregate.com/blog/technicalweblog/archives/000011.html
http://www.disaggregate.com/blog/technicalweblog/archives/000013.html

Thanks,

Rajat