Re: how to pass the content of a file to kernel driver

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 11:36 AM, vichy <vichy.kuo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all:
I try to pass the content of file,1G, to kernel driver for operation
and then return the result back to application.
My questions are:
1. The only way I can use is copy_from_user? If so, does it have the
size limitation?
2. I don't want my application pending on the I/O and is there any
smart way to let the application know when driver finishes its job?
appreciate your help,
vichy