Re: locking and interrupts

hi Krishna ,
i will hazard and answer here.AFAIK , it will depend on 2 things.
1> if the code which the interrupt handler executed is running under a context of a higher priority process , then priority inversion may take place and the code currently holding the critical section completes first and then the higher priority process runs .
2> if the new process is of a lower priority , it is blocked in the waitQ of the lock.
My reply is based on a conceptual information and i am NOT SURE if this happens in the current kernel or not
i request others to tell me if my understanding is correct .

BR
Rahul Ramasubramanian