buffer and page retrievel

Hi All,

I am going through the kernel source to understand the buffer hit-miss and page fault logic .  What I found is, kernel first tries to locate the data in the cpu lrus , and will move the buffer to the top of the lru array, if the buffer is found in the lru.

If the buffer is not found, it will find the corresponding page for the data and put the data in the buffer and move the buffer to the top of the lru.

When the page corresponding to the buffer is not found, the kernel will request new page and put the data in buffer and move to top of lru.

Can anyone please confirm my findings ?.

Regards,
Shameem