Kernel Cache Hit accouting

Hi,

I was trying to implement a system tap script to measure the performance of buffer (Primary Ram, not the processor cache).

When i went through the kernel code, i could see that

kernel will call the function __getblk  to check whether the data is in buffer or not. If it is not able to find the buffer in the hash table, it will call the function __find_get_block_slow, to get the data from hard disk. With the __find_get_block_slow i am not getting correct performance data.

Am i right about the disk access function ?.  Can anyone point me to the correct disk access function to get data from HD in case of cache miss.

Please help me.

Regards,
Shameem