Re: Basic USB doubt

alternatively there is udev to consider.

http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/showtopic20020.htm
http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html

this will automatically detect the device and mount it as one entry in
/dev FS, then u need to write an application to uses the appropriate
interface to talk to the device.   for eg, if it is USB ...u have
libusb-devel (http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/2009-09/msg00225.html
and http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/2009-09/msg00226.html).

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:27 AM, loody <miloody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/9/15 Niamathullah sharief <newbiesha@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> i searched. I didnt get the answer for my question. I might be not knowing
>> to search properly. But i didnt get the answer. If you know please post the
>> link please. Dont mistake me
>>> “To learn is to change. Education is a process that changes the learner.”
> from your description, it seems you want to add usb device driver instead host.
> There is a sample in driver/usb/usb-skeleton.c. You can modify it to
> meet your device's requirement.
> How the kernel fetch your driver is from your vender_id and
> produce_id, which are constants in usb-skeleton.c.
> HTH,
> miloody
>
> --

Regards,