Re: About Webcam module

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 23:30:27 +0530
Niamathullah sharief <newbiesha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here i am facing a new problem. I tried to compile and install the
> gspca_main and gspca_zc3xx modules separately. I compiled them
> successfully. but i am getting error when inserting that modules
>

> root@sharief-desktop:/home/sharief/Desktop/video/gspca# insmod
> > gspca_zc3xx.ko
> >
> insmod: error inserting 'gspca_zc3xx.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module
> >
> root@sharief-desktop:/home/sharief/Desktop/video/gspca# insmod
> gspca_main.ko
> >

> insmod: error inserting 'gspca_main.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module
> >

> I think this both modules what some other modules to get insert in to
> kernel...But i am sure about that modules. Can anyone help me?

Indeed, the 2 modules videodev and v4l1_compat must be loaded prior to
load first gspca_main and then gspca_zc3xx, as shown by lsmod (below).

Usually, insmod is not directly used. You must use modprobe which looks
at the symbols and loads the required modules.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/