Re: [OOT] Link to my Linux.com "Uncover the meaning of top's statistics"

definitely not OOT.....my comment:

when a task is going to 100% CPU utilization....perhaps u can do a
"echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger", which immediately can show the CURRENT
stack trace of all task in dmesg (truncated, so look into
/var/log/messages for full dump).   "CURRENT" is important, as it is
dynamically changing all the time, but if it get stuck at some
interruptible lock, it can be easily visible as the stack trace is
rarely changing.

comments/criticism?

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 7:58 AM, Mulyadi
Santosa<mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear member of the list....
>
> First of all, sorry for this OOT posting.
>
> Please kindly visit my article at this URL
> http://linux.com/learn/tutorials/42048-uncover-the-meaning-of-tops-statistics.
> And if you have time, perhaps you can write down your feedback. To
> avoid further OOT, please directly send any of your feedback to my
> personal Gmail address.
>
> Thank you in advance for your attention.
>
> --
> regards,
>
> Mulyadi Santosa
> Freelance Linux trainer