Re: software for x86 instruction set

John M schrieb:
Hi

Does anyone know about any software that can be used to browse through x86 instruction set? I have intel processors instruction sets reference manuals from intel website. But having a software to look up details of any specific instruction would be great. I used some of these s/w under DOS. But anyone knows any such s/w for linux?
Hello,

in the MASM package for Windows - there's an .chm file (or something like that, some kind of help file) that you can use to lookup instructions and you also get details for that instruction.

There exists several .chm viewers for linux, but you have to install the masm package (http://www.masm32.com/masmdl.htm) first under windows - than look at the installed content and look for the help file.

Ole