Re: Non-blocking IO

Also, i have q querry regarding poll in drivers.

1. driver poll driver - poll_wait()  adds to the wait queue.

How this queue is woke-up when there is activity pending .i.e for example ready to read ?

Regards,
Shankar

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/20/09, Shankar Ganesh <shankarganeshk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
> I  have an interrupt handler in my driver which is supposed to
> wake-up/intimate user process to proceed . How do Linux supports this
> mechanism ?
> I have a choice of using select/poll in user space and implementing poll
> fops in my driver. Is there any alternative better approach available?

You might consider epoll too, a version of epoll() created to better
handle large amount of watched file descriptors and promising better
wake up latency.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer
blog: the-hydra.blogspot.com

--
With Regards,
ShankarGanesh K .

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."