ext3 structure mapping to block device

Hello,

I would like to know how file system structures are mapped to hard disk sector. My goal is to understand how file system is created on block device and how superblocks are mapped to hard disk sectors.

I am not sure whether I stated the problem precisely or not but if I did not described it properly then let me know.

This is just an understanding sort of issue which I am looking for teaching purpose.

Note:
  Please free to change the subject line if not proper.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ajit Subhash Mote