Re: Avoid uml opening virtual consoles

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:44 AM, Manish Katiyar<mkatiyar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [ I didn't get any response from UML mailing list, trying my luck here ]

Hi Manish...

Looks like now things are a bit different in initscripts handling.
>From what I read directly from /etc/inittab comment in my F9 box, I
think you might try to rename /etc/event.d/tty{1,2,3,4,5,6} into
something else or simply move them to other directory. From their
names, you can guess it's configuration file to spawn console on
certain tty.

That away, I guess it will prevent the creation of virtual console on
UML. IMO, just leave tty1 as is, so you will only have 1 console open
and that console sits in the same console session you currently work
on.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa