kdump/kexec crashes

Title: kdump/kexec crashes

Hi List,

I was experimenting with kdump/kexec.  When I initiate crash dump on a 32 bit machine using 'SysRq + c' key combination, the system crashes.  The kernel version is 2.6.29.3 & cpu as per /proc/cpuinfo is ' Intel(R) Pentium(R) D  CPU 2.66GHz' (dual core). The kernel stack trace is as follows (I have manually wrote it down).

One interesting thing is, I have tried the same kernel on a 64 bit machine and a 32 bit qemu virtual machine (different configuration of course..) and the dump works fine under both these machines. But, I want to take the dump on a 32 bit real machine.

[More entries here....]
?_spin_unlock_irq_restore
?release_console_sem
?vprintk
?vprintk
smp_call_function_many
?stop_this_cpu
smp_call_function
native_smp_send_stop
panic
opps_end
die
do_page_fault
?vsnprintf
?append_elf_note
?crash_save_cpu
?do_page_fault
error_code
?machine_kexec
?native_machine_crash_shutdown
?crash_save_vmcoreinfo
crash_kexec
?mwait_idle
sysrq_handle_crashdump
__handle_sysrq
handle_sysrq
kbd_event
?mix_pool_bytes_extract
input_pass_event
[More entries here....]

My questions are

1. Why is it crashing upon triggering crash dump?

2. I was not able to view/save the console output.  Even after booting the kernel in frame buffer console mode with high resolution, I was not able to view the entire stack trace. In such situations (where a crash occurs and the stack trace doesn't fit in one screen) is it possible to save/view the kernel log buffer?

Thanks in advance,
Sudheer