Re: Kernel internals.

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Ole Loots <ole@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello venkatram ajmeera
>
> venkatram ajmeera schrieb:
>>
>> Hai I am interested in learing  linux kernel  internal thouroughly
>>
>> How the interrupt is handled by linux  Kernel.

When interrupts occur, the registered interrupt handler is called
blocking all the
interrupts on that specific interrupt line.(behavior depends on the
flag you use while registering handler). They can be processed in two
halves.
First half is used to perform acknowledgements etc...and
second halves or bottom halves does the rest of the processing.
Depends on the use.

Linux kernel Development, Robert Love, is the best for interrupts.