Re: drivers/usb/serial/option.c

Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 04:40:13PM +0100, Arigead wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>>      I've got a new vid/pid combination to add to the option driver.
>> It's a vid 0x19d2 Pid 0x0055 (That's the pid after I do a usb_modeswitch
>> command originally it's a pid of 2000)
>>
>> Anyhow was looking for the correct or best git repository to base a
>> patch on. There are a lot of git repos listed in kernel.org but none
>> specific to USB work.
>
> Look in the MAINTAINERS file for the usb tree if you really want to work
> off of that (hint, USB is kept in a quilt tree, not a git tree).
>
> But for something as simple as a new device id, a patch against Linus's
> latest tree is the easiest to use.
>
> Eagerly awaiting your patch,
>
> greg k-h

thanks a million for that info I'll hopefully get a chance to do that
today. There is one small point about that ZTE device though which is a
bit strange. On all other USB Broadband dongles that I've played with
and which are already supported by the kernel when the normal devices
are modeswitched into modem mode of operation the modem communicates on
/dev/ttyUSB0

On this ZTE dongle when it's modeswitched /dev/ttyUSB0 is a dummy which
does not respond and the device actually uses /dev/ttyUSB1. I've had to
change all my ppp scripts to take this into effect. Perhaps this is my
modeswitch command being slightly wrong or something. I'll try to find out.

John