procedure for building the USB modules only

Dear All,

I am trying to debug the USB Mass Storage driver in the kernel space. I
have added some my own printk statements in the storage driver and build
the entire modules for building the USB modules only as I do not know
the procedure for building the individual modules. In brief, I have
followed the following steps.

1)	Added some printk statements in the storage driver.
2)	Build the entire kernel space modules with the following
command.
	# make modules (in the /usr/src/linux-2.6.28)
3)	Removed the existing usb_storage module from kernel space along
with its dependents.
4)	Copied the usb-storage.ko from
/usr/src/linux-2.6.28/drivers/usb/storage/ directory to
/lib/modules/2.6.28/kernel/drivers/usb/storage.
5)	Reloading the usb_storage module along with its dependents.
6)	I am able to see my own debug statements when I attach a USB
drive.

Here, I do not want to do the #2, because it takes lot of time as it
builds the entire modules which are changed. This step itself takes lot
of time in my above procedure.

Could any one please suggest me a different step to build ONLY THE USB
drivers which exists in the /usr/src/linux-2.6.28/drivers/usb/storage/
directory?

Shall I write a Makefile for building the USB modules alone?

Please suggest me and save my compilation time.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,
Srinivas G