PS/2 Mouse Driver

Hello list,

So I'm messing around with the PS/2 mouse driver (drivers/input/mouse/psmouse-base.c), and I'm wondering what the psmouse_rate variable is for. From the source file itself, the rate parameter of the module is described as "Report rate, in reports per second". The description is pretty straightforward, but I'm asking because when I changed that value to 1 (i.e. the mouse is now supposed to report changes in state every one second), the mouse was still very responsive (and the cursor location was updated immediately as opposed to updating every full second as I was expecting). In other words, changing psmouse_rate from 100 to 1 didn't seem to have any effects on the "report rate" (if my understanding of "report rate" is correct).

Thanks,
Yousef