Re: Kernel OOPS analysis

Thanks for your replies, i just wanted to know how to debug
such kernel OOPS, Forget about this particular OOPS, i just wanted to know how you proceed further when you get something similar. As Ramesh told, 'ksymoops' can be
helpful.

__amit

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Himanshu Chauhan <chauhan.jpr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> is that the whole message? please post the complete one so we all get
> the complete picture.
>
> However, briefly, i think the oops was started due to some bugs in one
> or more kernel threads (see kernel_thread_helper there?). BTW,
> scst...hmmm, SCSI module?

Hi Mulyadi,

Ya that is not complete. But whatever the log is, it seems kernel thread
was scheduled while it was holding a lock.

Himanshu

--
"Everyone has a photographic memory. Some people just don't have film."

— Mel Brooks