Re: Need Help: Doubt about Diskless booting for Ubuntu 8.10

Hi!

On 20:38 Fri 03 Apr     , Prachi Bodke wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I am following https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DisklessUbuntuHowto#Creditsthese
> instructions for doing setup for diskless booting.
>
> .For me, now the root filesystem is getting loaded. The scripts from
> rcX directories are also executing. But after starting Gnome display
> manager..the machine is getting hanged.
>
> Last msg coming is
>
> Starting GNOME Display Manager [OK]
> Starting system-tools-backends [OK]
>
> After this blank screen is coming..but mouse pointer is visible

What does /var/log/Xorg* say?
Are you sure the gnome display manager is properly installed and configured?
Have you tried e.g. xdm (x display manager) instead of gdm?

	-Michi
--
programing a layer 3+4 network protocol for mesh networks
see http://michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com