Re: question about SCSI commands

Hi,

 If you want to see the SCSI mid-layer  implementation check out:
drivers/scsi/scsi.c

If you are curious about the SCSI commands sent to a SCSI disk you can look at:
drivers/scsi/sd.c

SCSI tape:
drivers/scsi/st.c

SCSI optical media (CDs/DVDs)
drivers/scsi/sr.c

SCSI enclosures
drivers/scsi/ses.c

For the embedded email from Vichy:
6,10,12 and even 16 is the (CDB) command length.

In the case of Write CDB size allows you to adjust the LBA, Transfer Length, etc. Some older targets do not handle larger CDB sizes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI_CDB
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI_Write_Commands

Enjoy!

-- Mark