Re: Will code kernel for food ;-)

On Sat, 2009-03-21 at 19:57 +0100, Frank Seidel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask,
> but perhaps you can point me to a apropriate place...

kernel janitors (and btw, any other list hosted on vger) is hardly the
place to be soliciting job offers.

I would suggest you look at monster.com or google up a place where you
can post a resume.  Looking at classified ads that want coders si alsoa
good idea.

> I'm looking for a new job where i can do lots of
> kernel coding. I'm currently working for Novell
> and am Maintainer of hdaps driver, did some
> work on the nozomi 3g driver and a lot of cleanups.
>
> If am very motivated to do lots more of coding
> and learning where needed.

While this isn't a good place to solicit job offers, if you lurk here,
and if you can stand the heavy traffic, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
you can do some observation and actually see the kernel developing,
live.

lkml in particular is a valuable thing to at least watch if you want to
see the kernel itself growing.

> So, if you know of a job position in your company
> or a place where i could also ask for, please
> contact me.

Just a reminder.

The kernel is licensed under the GPL, version 2.  Be wary of any "work
for hire" regulations that would cause your employer, and not you, to
own any code you write while on duty.

If your employer retains copyright on the code you write, you cannot
contribute said code to the kernel without your employer's permission to
release it under the GPL.

Read the GPL and take special care to observe the part at the bottom
regarding copyright interests.

So, whatever company you choose to work for while coding, bear this in
mind.