Re: linux switch_to function

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Gaurav Tewari <gaurav6969@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
> linux switch_to function which actually does the context switch, very
> smartly preserves the 'last' field of prev task_struct across context switch
> (the third argument of switch_to()), but where and how does it uses that
> argument...or saved value...

Understanding The Linux Kernel 3rd edition completely describe it in
the "process switching" section. It has something to do with stack
juggling.... IIRC it does so, for example when process A goes to B,
and when B want to goes back A, the pointer is already saved

That's all I could recall this moment...CMIIW people

regards,

Mulyadi.