School Project

Hi,

I am studying the linux kernel for an independent study course I am taking in college, the book I am using is Understanding the Linux Kernel 3rd Edition. My Professor wants me to find some sort of project to do, such as, fixing a few bugs in one or more subsystems or some larger project. At the moment I really do not have a preference in what area of the kernel I work in, but I wanted to know if there are some bugs that are simply overlooked due to higher priority issues. Basically, I am just learning the kernel and am in need of something that is manageable to do within a few months.

 I read the email from Greg KH about the need for the drivers/staging/ in the kernel directory needing to be updated for merge into mainline kernel. However, are there any other issues as such that are in need of attention? Right now I am going to look into bug 5994, but I am open to any suggestions on where I should begin. I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
matt